Luann Ray, L. Ac.
Licensed and Board Certified Acupuncturist
I grew up seeing several members of my family suffer from disease and disability and even as a child I was frustrated I couldn't do more for them. As an adult, I became drawn to more natural ways of healing and really started to understand how much health affects a person's life. I became interested in acupuncture when I was in my former job in corporate sales. Travel, late nights, and corporate entertainment had taken its toll on me over the years and I made the commitment to get healthy in order to start a family. I began receiving acupuncture treatments and taking herbs and couldn't believe the symptoms I ignored (insomnia, low energy, food cravings) disappear one by one. I knew that helping others live a healthier life was my calling.
I am very drawn towards treating stress, anxiety, and depression as I see these conditions as ignored by many, not effectively treated by Western medicine, and precursors to physical ailments. I also have a special place in my heart for post-partum conditions as I have two small children and want to support all of the new moms out there.
Depression, post-partum, stress, anxiety, common pediatric conditions.
I also help with
- Gynecological Issues
- Chronic Disease
- Pain Management
- and Much More...
- BS, Economics, Northern Illinois University
- MBA, International Business, DePaul University
- Masters Level Certification, Acupuncture, Midwest College of Oriental Medicine
- Member, Illinois Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Member, American Acupuncture Council
- Professional Member, Society for Acupuncture Research
- Licensed Acupuncturist, Illinois
- Board Certified in Acupuncture, NCCAOM